Thursday, May 15, 2008

Pre Funeral Prelude

Brentwood, CA

I, along with over 500 other people, had the "opportunity" to attend a funeral for one of my co-workers who was killed in a horrible car accident last week.

--
I have been considering giving up PAD on June 11th. I figured making it 366 days straight was a pretty good accomplishment. Additionally, my camera in constantly having shutter problems. But after today I think I've all but convinced my self to buy a new cheap camera and continue on past June 11. At the funeral, for the fourth funeral I've been to in a row, there was a video montage set to music. (this one always makes me cry). The pictures for Lisa were amazing. They were of trips to various events, places, countries and adventures. As I watched today, I made a personal goal to have video montage of incredible pictures at my funeral. I remember going to the Grand Canyon with my father in 2003. I took 4 pictures. He took 3 rolls. His video montage will be so much cooler than mine when it comes to pictures of Grand Canyon. I will continue to take pictures, I now see, so that I too can have a montage played at my funeral...a montage of those sunsets and scenes that caused my shutter to click. A montage of my life adventure.

3 comments:

  1. Because I've noticed since getting a job...my quality has diminished signifigantly. There have been a lot of more "I'm going to take this picture today because I have to take a picture" and a lot less "Today I'm going to challenge myself to go take a really great shot so I can brag about getting the best PAD." I just don't think it's fair to those seeing the pictures to give them crap as much as I have in the last 5 months.

    Additionally, I created a Photo A Day for about 6 people. After May 28, only half of those people will really matter. My friendship with Dun and Gu has come to a close, and on May 28th, Melinda will go on a mission for the LDS church and won't have access to the internet. The original 6 will then be three. I'm not sure I totlly see the point after that.

    --
    That said, I'm going to try to make it to year two now. Maybe 731 pictures will be enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. who are the other three people?

    ReplyDelete