Thursday, August 14, 2008

Good Bye Zucchini

Tonight we harvested the last of the Zucchini. All in all, we harvested 60 that were the size I wanted and 20 that were smaller. Something has gotten into the zucchini and started eating it so it had to be pulled. The children actually cheered when I told them we were pulling the zucchini. The 13 year old, who never wants to do any thing physical, offered to come out and help yank out (and I quote) "that stupid plant." Pictured above is two five gallon buckets that make up the very last we were able to gather. In case you were curious, the lighter green zucchini were from start plants bought here in Antioch. The darker zucchini came from seeds that were sent to me anonymously by a girl in Utah. I'll spend the next few days clawing the soil, cleaning it up and preparing it. Within two weeks we'll plant broccoli and cauliflower for the fall harvest.

No comments:

Post a Comment