Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Veterans, Poppies, and sunsets




The first Shot is in Antioch, CA and the second Shot was taken on Bethel Island, CA

Today is Veteran's day. My father served in Viet Nam. My grandfather served in Korea. My other grandfather served in WWII. Prior to becoming US citizens, my family was in Quebec fighting for the rights of Canadians everywhere. I try to remember them all the time. I ask that you remember them today. I hope you showed your vets your appreciation today and (if you are Canadian) I hope you wore your poppies today. That first picture comes from a house in Antioch where that young man won't be a vet. Unlike some who gave some, he gave it all and died for his country.

The second picture is a sunset picture that I just couldn't resist posting. I was helping install a hot water heater and got to see a light and cloud show. More beyond the cut.

(BTC - Methyl Island)
(BTC - Leaves)

No comments:

Post a Comment