Tuesday, December 18, 2007

A Day in the Life of December 18 2007

This was my day. I started out by waking up late, but in time for the FedEx guy to show up with my new phone from Verizon. (I have a new number by the way)

Then I went to work on making cookies. For the holidays my mother used to make several types of cookies. Today I wanted to make two of those types. The first is a sugar cookie.

The second type is a Candy Cane Cookie. While the sugar cookies dough was chilling in the fridge, I make the Candy Cane Cookies

I had a hard time twisting the dough.


After I was done with the Candy Cane Cookies, the Postman came bearing gifts. I got a Christmas card and the books I ordered using my Fancy Simple Gift Card.
Because the sugar cookies still needed more time to chill, I went out and took pictures of the rain for PAD.
Finally the sugar cookies had chilled enough that I was able to roll them out and start cutting them. I made cut-outs of bells, trees and snowmen...mainly because those are the only winter holiday cookies cuts I own.
I was going to use the family recipe for my frosting, but I knew one of the people I was making cookies for was allergic to milk. So instead I used store bought frosting. I wasn't able to find my black food coloring so my snowmen all have blue hats and blue dots. Hopefully they won't be made fun of at night.
I packaged up some plates to take with me tonight.
I gave some of those plates to crew members of the Oakland Temple Hill Technical Staff, which they ate as they set up for a performance.
There was a guy I knew growing up who was a political refugee from the Philippines. Every Christmas him and his wife put on this show. This years was entertaining, but not well rehearsed. He uses the show to celebrate the freedoms of religion that we have in the US.
After the show was over, I gave a massage to this girl and her 20 year old younger sister. They are both members of Temple Hill Tech.

It was my night to cook, and I forgot, so I used McDonald's and got some breaded chicken I was craving.
As soon as I'm done publishing this - I'm off to bed. Today is the first time in two weeks that I didn't make my bed. Oops!
And there you have it - that was my day.

Post Script - I went to read blogs tonight before going to bed and am now switching between two songs. This one and this one

1 comment:

  1. Blogger Liz said...

    I thought you started your new job this week?

    Wednesday, December 19, 2007 7:14:00 AM
    Delete
    Blogger angieoh! said...

    Sean, I am quite impressed with your cookies - congratulations. Glad you found some goodies with your FS gift card. I can't wait to see some knitted masterpiece posted in the new year.

    Since I will be in and out the next week, have a merry and blessed Christmas.

    Love angie

    Wednesday, December 19, 2007 7:48:00 AM
    Delete
    Blogger Sean said...

    LIZ: I do start my new job this week. But first I have to pass a physical (that is today) and I have to get my fingerprint clearance back. (One of these days I will have a job that doesn't require me to get fingerprinted.)

    Once all of that is done - I'll start. Friday - I hope.

    ANGIE: Note the title of the book - knitting for dummies. This dummy is probably going to take a while to get masterpieces going. (-:

    Wednesday, December 19, 2007 10:54:00 AM
    Delete
    Blogger Melinda said...

    i think thats awesome that you want to start knitting! its quite a skill! (one that i'll never learn cause i'm not coordinated enough. :))

    Wednesday, December 19, 2007 11:04:00 AM
    Delete
    Blogger *Gu* said...

    i'll get you some yarn and you can make me a scarf, kay?

    Wednesday, December 19, 2007 11:31:00 AM
    Delete
    Blogger Sean said...

    As long as we both agree that that is a scarf for next winter and not this winter...

    The cookie pictures were just for you Gu.

    Wednesday, December 19, 2007 11:40:00 AM
    Delete
    Blogger Katie said...

    The cookies look great! Knitting is so amazingly cathartic and fun. I hope you enjoy it!

    Wednesday, December 19, 2007 12:04:00 PM

    ReplyDelete