Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Gayest Sausage


Antioch, CA

Every summer while I was in college at BYUI, I had a two week break between semesters. During those two weeks I'd drive out to Wisconsin to see my brother, Sister-in-law and the niece. While there my SIL would take me shopping for new clothes ("Sean you're in college now. You need to start dressing like you're in college"). One time we were at Target buying me my first ever POLO style shirt. One of the shirts my SIL had me try on was a red and blue striped polo. I told her I looked gay in it. (I mean that in the nicest way possible.) She told me I was being silly (and rude toward gay people), but eventually relented and didn't make me get it. Several hours later we were at a Brewers game. During one of the innings a bunch of sausages come out and race around the field. As the #2 Sausage came out I turned to Liz and said "See isn't that the Gayest Sausage you've ever seen." She choked on her Mike's Hard lemonade as she laughed.

On Wednesday, I received my birthday gift from my Wisconsin family. In it was the #2 Racing Sausages Mascot sporting his gay red and blue striped shirt. I'm not sure but I think this is in retribution for getting my brother a BYUI Cow Tipping Team T-Shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment