Tuesday, October 9, 2007

i passes

Antioch, CA

In able to become a teacher in California, you must pass the CSET. A mere 33 percent of those that take the test the first time pass it. According to the stats provided by the state of CA, 50 percent of the people who take the test take it a little at a time. A potential teacher can have 10 hours to take 1, 2, 3 or all 4 tests. 50 percent take them 2 at a time.

I took all 4 last month. The results for the first three came out today. I passed all three. If (when) I pass the 4th (which should be known by next Monday) I could be teaching in a classroom by November.

5 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I am so very proud of you. I can't wait to hear all about work when you get there. I hope it is all that you want it to be. And I KNOW you will do a great job teaching. Good luck with it all and have fun.
    (P.S. you watched it last night didn't you.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to be teaching special education on a mild/moderate credential which means I can teach resource and special day, but not Severely emotionally disturbed or developmentally disabled (so sadly no autism, but also no vegetative state or retardation which I don't have the patience for.).

    ReplyDelete
  3. what kinds of things are on those tests, and are they for all teachers, or just the special ed(ish) teachers?

    ReplyDelete