Friday, March 14, 2008

Forward progress

Antioch, CA

This week I finished Clawing the ground and getting the weeks raked to the side. I built the dirt shaker (center) while on my lunch break at work today and will start using it on Monday to sift out the rock and the weeds before moving onto the next steps (i.e. chicken manure, horse manure and wood ingrained compost tilled into the soil). But either way...it's moving along.

(If you are at all confused, read about the above picture here.)

On a personal note, I have known all week long that I was going to be building the dirt shaker. Knowing that a dirt shaker was originally used for mining gold, I've had this song (please ignore the video) stuck in my head all week, which usually meant I also had this song in my head as well.

(BTC - for my Dad)

1 comment:

  1. that looks really cool, sean. you're heka hard core. i'm impressed...

    sweet songs, btw

    ReplyDelete