Monday, April 21, 2008

Phase 2

Antioch, CA

I started Phase Two on the backyard today (Just in case you're curious, there are 7 phases). I'm knocking down the weeds, leveling the soil and preparing the square for a concrete pad that will see a shed built on it.

Phase One is producing some fun. My green beans are starting to pop out of the soil as is the lettuce that got planted by the house owners. They planted zucchini starter plants. I planted seeds (two packets worth) and I haven't seen anything yet. John's tomato plant had a flower on it today. It's really fun to watch it all pop up.

6 comments:

  1. Well, Sean, you seem to definitely have more energy for gardening and projects than I do.   My little yard is full of weeds (although I don't usually call them weeds), and it's almost time to weed-whack them back again or I will be finding it difficult to walk through the place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truth be told Don, the garden serves two purposes:

    Gives me something to do that doesn't cost a lot of my money and it keeps me busy instead of sitting on my couch watching Jack McCoy win unwinnable cases. When I was in high school, my brother made me promise I'd never work in the food business. So in order to have enough money to afford birth control, I started a landscape company instead of working fast food and I've been doing a little gardening ever since.

    I just wish it made for better photography.

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s.

    kinda insulted i'm like 5th on your pad linklist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's alphabetized. I got the idea from you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. except that i put YOU at the top of my list.


    ps, your name starts with an S, my husband's name starts AA...

    pretty sure i deserve to be at the top of at least one of you linklists.

    ReplyDelete