Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Crosses for Iraq

Lafayette, CA

These crosses are on a hill in Lafayette. The hill is right next to a BART station and a major freeway. Each cross represents a soldier that has died in Iraq since we invaded. There is a controversy here over the meaning behind the crosses. The conservative Californians say that is an Anti -war demonstration. The California liberals say that it is for the good of the country as it reminds people of what the war is costing us. Oh and that this (Free speech) is what those soldiers are fighting for. The owners just say they are looking for a way for people to remember our fallen soldiers.

You can find more info here and here.

(A note of why it is blurry: I have been having increased trouble with my shutter. I'm not sure why the problem is getting worse, but I promise one of these days I'll be employed and I will be able to go to e-bay and buy a new camera. In the meantime, every now and then you'll have a blurry shot. Sorry)

No comments:

Post a Comment